Hair fall is a matter of concern for many people across the world. Poor diet, medical condition, and environmental factors can potentially be some reasons behind it. People tend to believe investing in fancy shampoos, conditioners and serums are the best solutions for beautiful hair, but it mostly turns out to hurt the situation more. So, how to stop hair fall and grow new hair? Well, by adopting a healthy lifestyle, following a balanced diet and focusing on hair roots can help you in having thicker, stronger and luscious hair. Here is how you can say no to hair fall with these remedies:
Hair fall control remedies and tips
Diet – Lacking important nutrients is one of the major reasons why hair falls. You must take a healthy and balanced diet that is essential for healthy hair growth. Make sure you add the following nutrients to fight hair fall.
- Zinc – Food rich in zinc such as legumes, flax seeds, whole grains, dairy products, hemp seeds, and nuts should be consumed on a regular basis.
- Iron– This is obvious especially in women. Iron deficiency causes anemia which results in shedding of hair. So make friends with green leafy vegetables, pumpkin seeds, broccoli, tofu, and quinoa
- Protein– Your hair might begin to thin if the protein is not sufficient in the body. Add protein sources such as dairy products, peanuts, almonds, eggs, and lentils in your diet.
- Biotin– Biotin is essential for converting food into energy. Less biotin in the body results in loss of hair or scaly red rash on the scalp. Cauliflower, carrots, soy flour, eggs, mushrooms, whole-grain cereals, and sweet potatoes can help your hair, skin, and nails to remain healthy.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is required to maintain a problem-free scalp. Vitamin E supports the scalp in protecting the lipid layer and fight hair fall. Avocado, vegetable oils, corn, wheat germ are some of the vitamin E sources
Lifestyle Changes – Experts say losing 100 strands a day is normal but not beyond that. If you are experiencing more hair fall then taking conscious efforts to change our daily lifestyle is necessary. Just stay positive and consistent in your efforts and you will see the difference. Here are some changes you can focus on:
- Oil Massage – Massage helps to increase blood flow in the body. Scalp massage helps stimulate the follicles for hair to grow faster. Massaging the scalp at least thrice a week with coconut or almond mixed with lavender/grapeseed oil will improve blood circulation and nourish the roots.
- Stress– There is a solid link between stress and hair loss. Stress disrupts the process the hair growth and might also lead to premature greying of hair. By relaxing your body and mind with the help of meditation, yoga and regular exercise can be great for reducing hair fall.
- Shampoo and Conditioner – You must choose the right product according to your scalp and hair condition. Make sure you stay away from sulfate, paraben, and silicone when choosing your shampoo and conditioner. Choose mild products that can protect your tresses at its best.
The most effective way to fight hair fall is to determine the root of the problem. A dermatologist can diagnose the origin and suggest proper treatment to help restore hair to its former glory. However, make sure you talk to your doctor about any medication you might be taking. Following are some of the best hair treatments:
- PRP Hair Treatment – If you are wondering how to stop hair fall immediately and grow new hair, then PRP hair treatment is your option. The process of drawing platelet-rich plasma from your own blood and then injecting it into your scalp to promote hair growth is known as PRP hair treatment. It is a natural, safe and reliable treatment, which is minimally invasive. It’s an affordable hair loss treatment in Chennai.
- Hair Transplant – Hair transplant is a permanent hair loss solution. The procedure of hair transplant is done using FUE (follicular unit extraction) technique and you might require regular follow-ups. The best hair transplant clinic in Chennai will offer scarless and painless surgery along with the best results.
If you have any hair, skin and slimming related questions, then connect with a board-certified, professional and experienced doctor at Welona Clinic Chennai. Call us today!