Hair thinning is a prevalent concern and often a source of embarrassment for both men and women in India. In fact, about 70% of men and 50% of women experience hair loss at some point in their lives. Hormonal changes, genetics, medical conditions, and stress can lead to hair loss. Prescription drugs and some methods are suggested to deal with the condition, but they are only temporary solutions and might come with unwanted side effects.
Thankfully, recent years have been a boon in the dermatology industry. There is a clear transition from the traditional approach of focusing on “repair” to the revolutionary idea of “regeneration”. One of the most amazing technological advancements in hair loss treatments has come through Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP), which involves injecting your platelets into the vascular layers of your scalp to promote natural hair growth.
What is PRP Hair Loss Treatment?
In simple terms, drawing platelet-rich plasma from your own blood and then injecting it into your scalp to promote hair growth to harness the body’s natural cells to fight the hair loss process is called PRP hair loss treatment. This process involves extracting your blood and spinning it down using a centrifuge. This separates and removes the red blood cells and the blood parts leaving platelets apart. These high-concentrated platelets are injected into the patient’s scalp that treats the area. PRP is a natural, safe, effective and affordable hair loss treatment in Chennai.
15 Unique Facts about PRP Hair Treatment:
Here are some unique and interesting facts about PRP hair treatment:
1. PRP therapies have been used for ages in helping skin regenerations and healing wounds. It is seen effective in various fields including oral surgery, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, and cosmetology.
2. PRP treatment for hair fall is a minimally invasive procedure, which only involves injections and no surgery.
3. This treatment is fairly painless; however, your doctor sometimes may apply the topical numbing solution on to the scalp to minimize the discomfort. Sometimes, local anesthesia is mixed with PRP when required or requested.
4. PRP hair growth treatment can provide results for a wide range of hair loss conditions such as alopecia and androgenetic alopecia.
5. Hair rejuvenation can take up to 6 weeks depending on the severity of your hair loss. PRP tends to improve hair caliber in 3-6 weeks with repeated treatment once a month for 3-6 months.
6. PRP can be well combined with hair transplantations or it can be performed as a solo treatment. In fact, it can also help to preserve hair grafts during the process.
7. There is no oral medication or topical creams suggested before and after the PRP treatment, however, you will have to follow other given instructions for the best results. In rare cases, skin infection might occur, which can be treated using antibiotics suggested by your doctor.
8. The entire process of drawing blood, spinning and injecting will take only about 50-90 minutes.
9. PRP hair loss is an out-patient treatment, so there is no need for hospitalization. No toxins or chemicals used in the process.
10. This is one of the fastest ways to enhance natural hair re-growth and initial stages of hair loss can be fully recovered by performing PRP.
11. There are no major side effects, however, you might experience redness, swelling, mild pain bruising or discomfort which last about a few hours after the procedure.
12. The blood is drawn from the patient’s own body so there is no risk of treatment rejection or disease transmission making it virtually risk-free of infection.
13. PRP treatment increases blood supply to the follicles, increases thickness and volume, triggers the growth phase, and reduces hair fall. This natural approach blends well with your existing hair.
14. By taking a hot shower and washing your hair after a few hours of the treatment will promote the effects. Harsh dyes or chemicals should be avoided at least for 48 hours after the treatment.
15. PRP cannot be performed under certain conditions such as facial cancer, melanoma, chemotherapy, systemic cancer, pregnancy, porphyria, a blood disorder, platelet abnormalities warfarin and more. Your doctor will decide if you are a good candidate for PRP hair treatment.
At Welona, slimming, skin and hair clinic we perform PRP hair treatment in Chennai at a competitive price. Our treatments are performed only by the best doctors in Chennai. Call us today and book a free consultation for PRP hair loss treatment and other services.