Getting lighter skin is often something that people sometimes desire. With the increasing advertising on staying fair, there are a lot of skin lighting treatments and skin whitening treatments that are available. These often are fairly expensive treatments and can cause side effects if you have allergies. Fairness is something that has advertised to be a confidence builder and something to strive for.
However, it is more important to get healthy skin rather than fair skin. There are ways to get radiant skin, remove hyperpigmentation and remove dark spots that skin sometimes suffer from.
Here are 7 genuine ways to lighten your skin tone with the help of natural products:
1. Lime or Lemon Juice: Lime or lemon juice is a very effective way to improve skin colour. It also deals with multiple skin conditions in multiple ways. This is considered a great solution for lighting the skin especially in areas like the elbow discolouration.
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a wonder plant in its own right. It makes your skin gentle and soothes it and reduces any discolouration and redness in the skin. This plant has a lot of vitamins and can be considered a natural exfoliator. A suggestion is to mix a teaspoon of Aloe Vera with lemon juice and apply it on your skin and leave it on for a period of half an hour before you wash it.
3. Honey: Honey is another natural skin treatment option for healthier skin. This can be used with different substances such as lime and Aloe Vera to give the best kind of skin treatment. A combination of all of them can give you the desired result.
4. Yoghurt: Yogurt or curd is a very good coolant for the skin. Creating a mask for the face gives a lot of moisturization and has many antibacterial properties that can help the overall health of your skin. Using it with honey, or with milk, the cream will soften your skin and help it look healthier and happier. It is a natural lightening agent and can also be used with turmeric. This helps remove any blemishes you may have on your skin.
5. Papaya: As much as we know that papaya is a healthy fruit to consume for different reasons, it also creates magic when applied to your skin. Mashing papaya and applying it on your skin helps radiate your skin. It contains enzymes that help with lighting skin and also fighting acne.
6. Oranges: The importance of vitamin C cannot be undermined. Oranges, like lime, bring a lot of it to the table. This can be used as a scrub or a pack to get the best effect on the skin, both to lighten it and to protect it from damage. It brings out the vibrancy in your skin and makes it better looking.
7. Cucumber: Cucumber is one of those natural ingredients that can help you deal with chronic skin issues. As it does with the body, it also does with the skin by providing a cooling effect. The great thing is that it not just cools the areas it also lightens the skins, thereby providing a double solution for a problem.
All of this said, there is no one colour that suits the skin. It takes different skin, skin colour, and skin types to make up this world. Therefore, the closer you are to a solution to feel healthy and get healthier skin; nothing compares to it.
Having said that, as Martin Luther King once said: “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
We at Welona focus on providing skincare rather than just making you light-skinned and “enhancing” the colour of it. We strive to make you feel confident about your skin tone rather than just what the media has to say about how you “ought to look like”. We focus on your needs to help you feel better about yourself and your skin tone. Do sign up if you do not want to just look fair but also want to look radiant, well-toned, pretty and lightened. Pay a visit to Welona today for skin lightening treatment or call us at +8220609609