Several lifestyle and environmental factors expose the scalp to the risk of developing dandruff infection from time to time. Among other things, it leads to the risk of developing seborrheic dermatitis. When overlooked, the skin cells of the scalp tends to accumulate, create flakes itchy skin. Often such problems can be curbed either with the use of natural remedial solutions or over-the-counter products.
But if these remedial solutions do not show the progress of your scalp health, it is essential to seek medical help. Leaving conditions like dandruff untreated can aggravate the matters for you further. Dandruff refers to the condition of the scalp that causes skin cells to accumulate as flakes. One of the immediate consequences of this condition is itching.
Read on to find out how a dandruff specialist can help you get rid of a dry and itchy scalp.
Why is it essential to treat dandruff?
Dandruff is a stubborn skin condition which only aggravates with time. If left untreated, dry dandruff transforms into greasy dandruff characterized by a greasy accumulation of skin cells. It is common to experience inflammation, severe itching, and seborrhea at this stage. If left untreated, it leads to thinning and excessive hair loss.
When is it right to seek a doctor?
Scheduling a visit with a dandruff specialist or dermatologist will help with the diagnosis of dry scalp and related health conditions. Seborrheic dermatitis leads to dandruff which results in the overproduction of scalp oil. One needs a different approach to treatment to treat this condition. Consulting a qualified doctor helps is the best way to get rid of this issue.
Stress and cold weather makes the scalp worse. Sometimes, anti-dandruff shampoos don’t show any signs of improvement, the scalp is red or swollen, leading to a weakened immune system. At such times, a dermatologist can examine the scalp to check for skin conditions.
Treatments for Dandruff:
There are several anti-dandruff shampoos available in supermarkets or pharmacies which do not work. When anti-dandruff shampoos prove to be ineffective, one needs to adopt alternative treatment strategies for Seborrhoeic dermatitis and Malassezia.
To confirm seborrhoeic dermatitis, the doctor will examine the intensity of redness and the color of the scaling. This diagnosis helps the doctor to review different skin conditions like psoriasis. It results in the development of red, flaky, and crusty patches.
A doctor diagnoses fungal infection by taking a skin sample and sending it to the laboratory for testing.
Highly atypical cases include tests for skin scrapings involving a microscopic evaluation and skin biopsies. After scraping the scales, professionals put them under the microscope to detect fungal infection. This procedure helps with the diagnosis of psoriasis, lupus, and other diseases. A regular Capilloscopy examination checks the scalp & type of dandruff. Hair mineral analysis is a test of the mineral content in hair. ICP-mass spectrometer detects the condition and helps to solve it.
1. Dermatologists and dandruff specialists use medicated shampoos and steroid cream medications to shampoo and cleanse the hair to treat dandruff.
2. Severe cases include short-term treatment with oral steroids (prednisone).
3. Sample escalating (step-up) treatment is a comprehensive dandruff treatment. There is an evaluation of the overall health condition. The doctor then progresses with the next step to treat the scalp.
4. Homeopathy treatment for dandruff is also offered by dermatologists to solve complicated cases. They use anti-dandruff shampoo enriched with Thuja, a DHT-inhibitor. The specialist gently cleanses and nourishes the scalp for the restoration of normal scalp health.
5. Meso Peels are doctor recommended peels used in clinics to treat dandruff conditions. It is tailor-made treatment with various benefits. Meso peels applied by the dermatologist remove dead cells and sebum to help the stem cell cytokines reach deeper into the hair follicle. They use it with a cotton swab or brush. The scalp absorbs the contents for 3 to 5 minutes. Ultimately the skin flakes are removed.
6. Laser treatment by skincare specialists determines the cause of dandruff. The specialists use the most effective laser rays and therapy to reduce and eliminate symptoms.
7. Kérastase Spécifique Cure is an Intense, long-lasting anti-dandruff treatment that decreases the visible dandruff flakes. The specialists apply the solution to keep the scalp healthy and protected against dandruff.
8. Ozone Therapy uses Ozone or O3. Its molecules hit the roots of the hair strands to help rejuvenate hair follicles. It serves as the best remedy for psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and alopecia.
9. Topical therapies do topical treatments. Skin specialists use Corticosteroids alongside steroids to reduce dandruff accumulation. Besides, they also apply Medicated shampoos with clobetasol propionate. Scale-softening agents containing salicylic acid and urea, Calcipotriene with a steroid, Tazarotene (Tazorac) applications help to recover from dandruff accumulation clinically.
10. A dermatologist Injects corticosteroids to treat psoriatic lesions. It is an effective solution to treat dandruff.
Welona, Slimming, Hair and Skin clinic in Chennai has a professional team of experts that offers the best quality anti-dandruff treatments to reduce the chances of additional disorders related to dandruff accumulation. The best part of each of these treatment procedures is that none of them is invasive and. Thus, these methods do not pose any serious risk to the overall health of a person. Book an appointment now with our best skin specialists to overcome the problems of your dandruff prone scalp.